Monday, March 3, 2008

Comfort Food



There it is ummmmm, warm soup!!! This is corn chowder to be exact. Last Wednesday around noon I decided I needed to have some old and new friends over for lunch next day. So, I invited a small but mighty bunch over for some warm soup and company if they felt they could weather the 11 degree snowy day. And guess what? They all showed up! I enjoyed them in my home so much. It is so comforting to have wonderful, kind, talented, smart, beautiful and fun friends! It was a real treat for me.


While on the subject of comfort foods I am totally thinking of mamaws yummy warm tapioca pudding in the big yellow bowl, and Ruth Fortados pound cake. Do you have special comfort foods?

1 comment:

gremhog susan.hatch@gmail.com said...

i love LOVE LOVE tapioca pudding. Warm, almost still hot, from the pan. Might need some now!